Wednesday 27 February 2013

Day 17 Cycle & Run

Managed to arrange my day so that I could get to the gym reasonably early to do my 'brick' session today, cycle & run.
Into the spinning room, the gym I go to (Nuffield Health Newbury) has converted a squash court into a spinning room, empty, just me and my iPod for 30 minutes in HR Zone 2, job done, sweaty due to the lack of a breeze or any air con actually, into running shoes & upstairs straight onto a treadmill up & running in under 3 minutes.
15 minutes later all done, 45 minutes total for the day, so an easy day relatively speaking.

Breakfast number 2 & into the car for a drive to Kingston on Thames.

3 hours later I'm still on the M3, Highways Agency have closed the motorway for repairs following an earlier accident, no warnings though, no gantry signs, nothing, 3 lanes of traffic all trying to get off at Sunbury & get back on their journeys, carnage.

Some fettling of the bike this evening, need to find a way to secure a pump to the bike without disturbing the lines or the aero flow of the bike, easier said than done.

No comments: